/lōnlēnəs/ Loneliness can be described as distress due to a discrepancy between actual and desired social relationships; what I have versus what I want. Loneliness doesn't have to mean social isolation. Loneliness is subjective; it's what a person feels.
Lord, give me the grace to be honest - about my pain, my feelings, and my sadness. Lead me to a trusted friend, pastor and counselor who can help me through my loneliness. Give me a conscious awareness of your never-absent presence and remind me that I am your beloved child with whom you are well pleased. Help me to believe I am worthy of your love. This I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.
- Jeremiah 29:11 - I know the plans I have for you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- Ezekiel 37:1-14 - God gives new life to dry bones
- Psalm 13:1-3a - How long will you hide your face, God? How long must I be in pain?
- Psalm 34:18 - The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
- Psalm 56 - In God I trust, I will not be afraid
- Philippians 4:13-14 - I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me.
- The Book of Job - Job's experience of loss, loneliness, depression and lament
- Isaiah 43:1-2, 5, 18-19 - Do not be afraid; God is with you
Finding Immediate Help
- Wright County Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-800-635-8008
- Wright County Mental Health Crisis Text Line: Text "MN" to 741741
- Minnesota Warmline (5pm - 10pm, Monday through Saturday, for those who need someone to talk to): 877-404-3190
- Mental Health Minnesota - mentalhealthmn.org
- NAMI Minnesota - namimn.org (see also nami.org)
- Central MN Mental Health Center - cmmhc.org
- Monticello Middle School - mental health resource list for all ages (including school-based student support services): monticello.k12.mn.us/domain/174
- Minnesota Mental Health Helpline - mental health information, referrals, programs: call 800-862-1799 or email